How to Get Out of Your American Amicable Life Insurance Policy [Right Way]
You can get out of your American Amicable life insurance policy by submitting a cancellation form. You can call American Amicable, or you can cancel your American Amicable life insurance policy online by logging into the policy owner portal to fill out the form. Under standard life insurance policy cancellation rules, you probably won’t get a full refund for what you’ve paid into the policy. Still, you might get a refund for your first or last premium payment, depending on when you cancel.
Free Life Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 21, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right life insurance coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident life insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one life insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our life insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top life insurance companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about life insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything life insurance-related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by life insurance experts.
- To get out of your American Amicable life insurance policy, speak to the insurance company about canceling your coverage
- You can cancel your coverage online or over the phone
- The timing of your cancelation will determine how much of a refund you qualify for (if at all)
Part of life insurance 101 is knowing how to cancel your policy if you need to.
If you’re insured by American Amicable, we’ve got all the information you need to know about how to get out of your American Amicable life insurance policy. Read this article for more on life insurance policy cancellation rules for American Amicable.
Before we go over the steps for how to cancel a life insurance policy with American Amicable, why not take a minute to enter your ZIP code in our comparison tool to get a free quote on life insurance right now?
How do you get out of your American Amicable life insurance policy?
- Cancel your American Amicable life insurance policy over the phone – Call 800-736-7311 and ask to speak with an agent about canceling your policy. You’ll need to have your policy number ready. The agent can provide you with the correct forms and instructions for how to submit them.
- Cancel your American Amicable life insurance policy online – Visit the American Amicable website and click the “Policy Owner” button. From there, you’ll be able to log into your account, fill out the cancellation form, and submit it.
Regardless of why or how you cancel, it’s unlikely that you’ll get a refund for what you’ve paid into the policy. The exceptions to this are:
- You cancel during the free look period – You should be able to get a refund for your initial premium; the free look period is usually the first 10 to 30 days after you purchase your policy.
Though it should be noted that this varies by state law (for example, Iowa sets the minimum timeframe at 10 days, though companies can extend beyond that if they chose)
- You cancel in the middle of a billing cycle – You may be able to get a refund for the last premium you paid (for the billing cycle you’re in when you cancel)
To find out exactly what you’ll qualify for in terms of a refund, you’ll need to speak with American Amicable.
Enter your ZIP code below to compare cheap life insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why might you need to cancel your American Amicable life insurance policy?
There are several reasons you might want or need to cancel your American Amicable policy, including:
- You found more affordable rates from another company
- You can no longer afford your premiums
- You no longer have any dependents
These are just a few examples. Your unique situation could be quite different but still necessitate canceling your policy.
In addition to you choosing to cancel your life insurance policy, there are a few situations in which your insurance company might cancel your policy.
American Amicable can cancel your insurance policy if they discover anything fraudulent about your application or the information you’ve provided to them.
If you have term life coverage and you don’t pay your premiums, your policy will be canceled for you. Additionally, if you don’t renew your policy when the term ends, you’ll find yourself without coverage.
Get Out of Your American Amicable Life Insurance Policy: The Bottom Line
When you’re looking to get out of your American Amicable life insurance policy, the quickest way to do so is to log into your account with the company and submit the forms online. You can also call American Amicable and request the forms and get help to complete the process.
Depending on when you cancel, you may be able to get a refund for your first or last premium payment, but it’s unlikely you’ll get a full refund for the total amount you paid into the policy.
Now that you know how to cancel your American Amicable life insurance policy, enter your ZIP code in the tool on this page to get a free quote from a life insurance provider in your area today.